Pumpkin Spice Curd
A spreadable, delicious fall curd made with pumpkin and pumpkin spices
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 tablespoon Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Add all ingredients except the butter to the saucepan and whisk to combine1 cup Pumpkin Puree, 1 cup White Sugar, 2 Eggs, 2 Egg Yolks, 1 tablespoon Orange Juice, 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon Ginger, ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Heat over a medium-low heat until the sugar has dissolved completely. You can test this by rubbing a little bit of the mixture between your fingers, if the sugar hasn't dissolved yet it will feel gritty
- Add the butter in small chunks, stirring and letting it melt into the curd before adding the next few chunks1 stick Butter
- Continue to heat until the curd thickens slightly. When it's ready it should coat the back of a spoon. Once you can draw a line on the back of the spoon with your finger without it running back together, it's ready
- Let cool completely and then put in the fridge to chill until you're ready to use it
Make sure you use pumpkin puree an NOT pumpkin pie filling!
Serving: 1cupCalories: 964kcalCarbohydrates: 113gProtein: 10gFat: 55gSaturated Fat: 32gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 480mgSodium: 482mgPotassium: 375mgFiber: 4gSugar: 105gVitamin A: 20994IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 106mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Show us! @bonni_bakery
I’m very interested in making your grandmother’s Apple Cake recipe. My only problem is with the measurements being listed as European ! I do wish you'd list them in “traditional American measurements,” too! It’s daunting to try and look up all of the measurements, and then have to convert them to traditional American measurements! I hope you consider this for those of us who’d like to make and enjoy your grandmother’s special cake! Thank You , Debbe’Baker
I think you may have me confused with another blogger? I post all my recipes in both cups and grams to suit bakers all over the world. But also, I don't have an apple cake recipe on the site, I think you may be thinking of someone else.
In any case, I hope you find the recipe you are looking for.
You should get a damn scale, Debbe
Oh my goodness this curd is incredible! It tastes just like pumpkin pie and was the easiest curd I've made yet. I'm going to pair it with pumpkin cupcakes and will need to use all my self-control to not eat it all before then 😛
Thanks Ashley, I'm so glad you like it! That is exactly what I did, I put some of it inside my Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes and it worked like a dream! https://bonnibakery.com/pumpkin-spice-cupcakes/
Thank you for the recipe. I’m just curious why can’t you use pumpkin pie filling and opt out for cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg?
Hi James, thank you for your question. Pumpkin pie filling contains a lot of sugar, and the sugar quantity varies from brand to brand, so it's hard to control and know how much sugar to add. You could, in theory, use pumpkin pie filling if you wanted, but you'll need to taste test along the way and decide how much sugar you want to add to get the desired sweetness, as the pie filling is already very sweet. Hope this helps!
How long will this stay good? I haven't made it yet, but would like to use it in a tartlett in 4 days.