This recipe is about to become one of your new favourites. I don't say that because it tastes amazing (which it does), but because these truffle dough cookies have saved my butt on multiple occasions. When I need to bring a baked good and I want to impress but really can't be bothered to bake - this is what I make!
They are made with the 'all in one' method, so you just dump all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together. They are super quick to make, you can start them and have them completely finished within fifteen minutes. And they are totally foolproof -they work every time! Not to mention they look like they are way harder to make than they really are and taste absolutely incredible - total crowd pleaser! So now I pass this hero recipe on to you - keep these truffle dough cookies up your sleeve for the next time you need a quick and easy way to knock people's socks off!
Why are they called Truffle Dough Cookies
As you can probably tell from the pictures, these are a take on the classic 'crinkle cookie'. But they are called truffle dough cookies because of the consistency in the centre. These are soft and melty in the middle, and the different chocolate textures melt in your mouth at different times - just like a truffle!
The trick to getting the melty middle is to take them out of the oven at the right time. These only bake for 10-12 minutes and when you take them out they will look like they aren't baked - you may be tempted to keep them in a little longer but don't do it! Once you remove them from the oven, the heat from the cookie sheet will continue to bake them and they will come together to the ideal consistency all on their own. Sheer perfection!
The perfect 'meet the family' recipe
So now you have my 'oh my god I need to bake something for X, what the hell am i going to make?' recipe. They have always been a favourite among friends, family and customers. They often made a feature on dessert tables we did for weddings, birthday parties, corporate events. I have brought them to social gatherings - I even baked these when I went to meet my boyfriend's family for the first time - because I wanted something I knew I could 100% rely on to turn out perfectly and taste fantastic! And now it's yours - enjoy!
Truffle Dough Cookies
- ½ stick Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Icing Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Put all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) into a mixer or food processor and mix together until it comes together into a dough
- Add the chocolate chips and mix them through the dough
- Roll dough into walntut sized balls and roll the balls in icing sugar. Place the balls on your baking sheet and flatten them slightly with the palm of your hand
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will still be very soft on coming out of the oven, allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes on the tray before attempting to move them
Leave a Reply